"I think the only way to get through this life is laughing hard...and constantly, mostly at myself."

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Life Needs Butter.

Recently, I have gone on a baking binge. I find myself craving new recipe ideas, new baking tools, cooking spray to make things a little easier, and a bigger fridge to store my creations.I realized today that Just like life, things don't turn out as good (and delicious) as we expect and anticipate them. Sometimes in life, we add "too much" of something, and "not enough" of another, and the ending result is disappointing.
Either, we can throw in the towel and say, "I am never attempting to make that ever again.." Or, we can challenge ourselves and say, "Alright recipe, this time you one...but next time I shall conquer you and it will be good."
Please don't call me Paula Dean when I say that as I was making my apple pie today, I realized that life needs butter. A little butter for when we see ourselves "stuck", a little butter to brush over the topping of life to keep us glossy and shiny.
A little butter to ensure that recipe of life runs nice and smooth. And then it hit me, as I was brushing the melted butter onto the crust,
JESUS is the "butter" in our recipe for life.
Just some food for thought(;